RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Automotive aftermarket supplier executives have a long history of dedicating their time and experience to mentor and prepare the next generation of industry leaders – yet supplier executives and the industry as a whole can learn much from today’s younger, tech-savvy, connected millennial generation.
The Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) seeks to tap into this valuable resource and bridge the ‘generation gap’ by establishing a new organization,” said Bill Long, AASA president and chief operating officer. “The Modern Industry eXpertise Council, or MiX, this group of young members will serve in a ‘reverse mentoring’ role, providing fresh new perspective on issues and opportunities facing the aftermarket,” Long said.
MiX members will work on tackling both areas of concerns and opportunity, and will “mentor” senior industry leadership at AASA industry events and through whitepapers and special reports exclusively for member companies.
MiX members will gain:
- Knowledge about leading industry data
- A platform for discussion between millennials and senior leaders
- Networking with industry peers
- The opportunity to work on current and future industry challenges and provide expertise from millennials’ view point
- Individual growth and a broad perspective of our industry to enhance their careers
MiX membership is open to all AASA supplier member company employees under the age of 40. For more information, visit the Council’s webpage or contact Ben Brucato at email@example.com.